The goal of this challenge is to take the provided design problem, analyze the user experience and provide design concepts and visual ideas on how the application might look and work!
We are a leading Quad-Play (Mobile Prepaid-Postpaid Voice, Fixed Broadband, IPTV. and PSTN service provider) Telecom Service Provider in APAC. We want to simplify the entire Prepaid Customer experience and enable cost-effective Customer Lifecycle Management that encourages new user to complete the customer acquisition process and not abandon the process midway.
Current Experience Pain Points
For Customer Acquisition
- Customer contacted chat customer service within 24 hrs timeline of SIM activation and being impatient as he/she is not kept informed about the progress.
- Customer unable to update address on the activation page.
- Customer contacted chat customer service for SIM activation but Chat does not have the activation feature. (Customer routed to a wrong-channel)
- Existing Telco customer. Incorrectly chose 'New Customer' option on activation page.
- Customer having trouble on online activation page
- Customer was not existing Telco customer but online activation page identified as a Telco customer.
Create the best UI/UX to help:
- Simplify new Customer Acquisition process, Create engaging screens, that encourages user to complete the process and not abandon the process midway
- Increase sales of add-on service (make it compelling for the user by recommending appropriate products, discounts, and/or offers based on their selected service)
- Increase Online Self-help adoption for existing customers. We are looking for your ideas here
- Reduce Web-to-Chat and Web-to-Call transitions to reduce Total Cost of Ownership
RUX Challenge Timeline and Rolling Checkpoint
- Submission Start: 07/28/2017 at 22:45 PM EDT
- Rolling Checkpoint Start: 07/30/2017 at 08:00 AM EDT
- Submission End: 07/31/2017 at 22:00 PM EDT
We are offering 5 Prizes Placements
1) 1st Placement: $2000
2) 2nd Placement: $1500
3) 3rd Placement: $1000
4) 4th Placement: $750
5) 5th Placement: $500
- Plus 8 placements for Rolling Checkpoint prizes @ $50 each!
Note: Important Rolling Checkpoint Details
- tgerring will be available for early submissions and Rolling Feedback!
- We will answer questions and provide Rolling Feedback as fast as possible.
- You must watch the Forum for your feedback!
*All initial qualifying checkpoint submissions will win $50 (8 Placements)
- Think about the Customer Experience (your experience!)
- Should be clean, open, and modern looking
- Streamlined design and user flow
- Show us new concepts and ideas for how things could be designed and function.
- We are open and looking for your ideas and solutions. Remember the application should remain easy to use, fast, and not cumbersome for the user.
- This application is going to be developed as a Desktop and Mobile Application
-- Desktop: 1280px width and Height adjusting accordingly
-- iPhone: 750 px x 1334 px
- Colors: Open to Designers, Make sure it the color choices match with Target Audience
- Font: Open to Designers
- We are looking for concepts and ideas!
- Upload your screens to Marvel App for review and to showcase the experience (ask for Marvel App prototype/project from co-pilot or PM in challenge forum)
Please access challenge forum from this link:
Suggested Screens/ Functionality
We are looking for your idea and concepts. Below is the user journey that we need to account for in your designs. We are not outlining explicit screens for you to design as we want to see your ideas.
- What are new technologies that we can leverage to make the experience better?
- Cognitive/ AI to help guide the user through the process and knows what's on the screen to help.
- Using payment methods like ApplePay/ AndroidPay
- Social media login to capture user's information from the start
- A streamlined way for the customer to "build" a pre-paid plan that suites their needs, not necessarily "choosing" a plan
- Personalization features and ideas throughout. We want the experience to feel unique to them
- Rewards or incentives for the user to continue the process/ complete their order
- Using the user's social media data for recommendations: "what your friends chose", what's trending, etc.
1. Gather Basic Customer details OR Acquired from Social Profile
a. Register or Login Using Facebook/Google + Login detail OR
b. Routed from facebook, directly onto the landing page.
2. Capture customer preferences in terms of expected services (Data, voice limits/ usage patterns). These will be explicit or implicit inputs from the customer (for e.g. If the Customer mentions he/she is a Video / Movie Plan then the requirement for Data will be higher)
3. Recommend BASE Products i.e. Prepaid Plan in the case.
4. Help customer visually select the product/Prepaid Plan (i.e. Variant of the Prepaid Plan)
5. Help customer choose add-on services based on social/Customer profile: Phones/ VoD/Song Packs/Offers
6. Check-Out/ Ordering Process
a. Capture Customer details/address. Pre-populate from social/profile
b. Capture Authentication data: Passport/Driving License (Validate the same info in the background)(See step 7 below)
c. Capture payment options: Credit Card/Wallet/Cash on Delivery etc.
d. If the Validation Successful then take the payment
e. Capture delivery preference. Show map of nearby shop. Option for Premium same-day delivery options, etc
7. Activation Process (Now the SIM has been delivered at home based on customer preference):
a. Capture/Scan SIM Details (Purchased from shop)
b. Initiate Activation
c. Recommend add-on services based on social/Customer profile: Phones/ VoD/Song Packs/Offers
d. Check-out (Add-On Service Only)
- We need you to upload your file into Marvel App.
- We want to use Marvel App to provide direct and fast feedback! We can also track your design updates and screen versions within Marvel App!
- No additional functionality is required! Just make sure your screen(s) are in the correct viewing order (number them 00, 01, 02, 03, etc.)
- If you do not have access to the Topcoder Marvel App Account please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- You MUST include your Topcoder Marvel App URL within your .Notes file
Presentation Screen - 1920x1080 (16:9 Ratio)
- In a RUX challenge, this screen is the way to showcase your concept so keep it simple and make it look good!
- If you were walking into a meeting and needed to sell your idea - use this screen to showcase your concept.
Your submission will be judged on the following criteria:
- Overall idea and execution of concepts
- How well does your design align with the objectives of the challenge
- Execution and thoughtfulness put into the solving the problem
- Simplified User Experience and innovative ideas to help the Telco to sell more
- Overall design and user experience
- Cleanliness of screen design and user flow
Young girl - 20+ Year Old
- They're young, digital, and socially savvy.
- Their demands and expectations are always changing
- They need everything fast, on-the-go, with full control
- Simple, easy to understand, easy to buy, easy to use and pay
- They don't worry about complex technologies, it confuses them
- They like sharing experience with friends, good or bad
- They use different channels, at different times and places for different purposes at their convenience
Submission & Source Files
Please create your preview image as one (1) 1024x1024px JPG or PNG file in RGB color mode at 72dpi and place a screenshot of your submission within it.
Submit JPG/PNG for your submission files.
All original source files of the submitted design. Files should be created in Adobe Photoshop and saved as a layered PSD file, or Adobe Illustrator as a layered AI file or Sketch!
As part of the final fixes phase, you may be asked to modify your graphics (sizes or colors) or modify overall colors. We may ask you to update your design or graphics based on checkpoint feedback.