Welcome to the NASA Quest for Quakes Infographic Challenge
Please read the challenge specification carefully and watch the forums for any questions or feedback concerning this challenge. It is important that you monitor any updates provided by the client or studio admins in the forums. Please post any questions you might have in the forums.
Design a professional & engaging infographic to promote a new project.
The infographic will be used in future contest specs, social media, and in marketing emails.
- The infographic must clearly explain the project, the issues surrounding earthquake forecasting and the benefits if we're successful.
Please read the challenge specification carefully and watch the forums for any questions or feedback concerning this challenge. It is important that you monitor any updates provided by the client or Studio Admins in the forums. Please post any questions you might have for the client in the forums.
Full Description & Project Guide
Please follow the general theme of these infographics that we’ve created for NASA in the past:
The infographic must include the following logos (click here to download):
NASA Tournament Lab
Amazon Web Services
In terms of content, we’d like to see:
Project Title: NASA’s Quest for Quakes
Call to Action: To learn more about the project, and to register to participate, visit topcoder.com/questforquakes
Explainer: Explain the project at a high-level. Refer to the Project Background doc for more details.
How well your submission meets the requirements
How the design engages a user
Originality and execution
JPG or PNG files at a high resolution (300 dpi).
All original source files for the submitted design. Files should be created in Adobe Illustrator and saved as layered Ai file OR in Adobe Photoshop as a layered PSD file.
Create a 1024x1024 JPG or PNG file in RGB color mode and place a screenshot from your submission within
Stock photography is not allowed in this challenge. All submitted elements must be designed solely by you. See this page for more details.
How To Submit
- New to Studio? Learn how to compete here
- Upload your submission in three parts (Learn more here). Your design should be finalized and should contain only a single design concept (do not include multiple designs in a single submission).
- If your submission wins, your source files must be correct and “Final Fixes” (if applicable) must be completed before payment can be released.
- You may submit as many times as you'd like during the submission phase, but only the number of files listed above in the Submission Limit that you rank the highest will be considered. You can change the order of your submissions at any time during the submission phase. If you make revisions to your design, please delete submissions you are replacing.
Submissions are viewable to the client as they are entered into the challenge. Winners are selected by the client and are chosen solely at the client's discretion.
Topcoder will compensate members in accordance with our standard payment policies, unless otherwise specified in this challenge. For information on payment policies, setting up your profile to receive payments, and general payment questions, please refer to https://help.topcoder.com/hc/en-us/articles/217482038-Payment-Policies-and-Instructions
Reliability Rating and Bonus
For challenges that have a reliability bonus, the bonus depends on the reliability rating at the moment of registration for that project. A participant with no previous projects is considered to have no reliability rating, and therefore gets no bonus. Reliability bonus does not apply to Digital Run winnings. Since reliability rating is based on the past 15 projects, it can only have 15 discrete values.