Competition Task Overview
Welcome to the Fall from Grace Challenge: Gracefully service failover component in Java���
In the previous challenge we have built a simple java based component that can gracefully handle the inability to connect to an HTTP(s) based service and it worked great.
For this challenge, we need to update the code to have it also check for 500 class HTTP responses and qualify that as a failure. In that event it should move on to the next endpoint.
Unit tests are required for the code created in this challenge. And if necessary previous unit tests must be updated to work with the new code as well.
You should also provide /update the CLI based program to test the API using different parameters.
- Send an email to lazybaer or wendell or post in the forums to request to be added to the ServiceFailover team on gitlab if you are not already a member
- Once added to the team, fork the repository, if you haven’t already, and work off of the 30049604-Status500 branch
- Add wendell and lazybaer as members of your forked repository.
- Java 7
Final Submission Guidelines
- Your code changes must be pushed to your private gitlab repo
- Submit a zipped version of your repo to Online Review
- Make sure your submission includes a clear guide to deploy and test / verify your submission
- Once picked as the winner and done with fixes, you're expected to submit a merge request to the specified branch
For each member, the final submission should be uploaded via the challenge detail page on topcoder.com.